Are you into GeoCaching or just Hiking in general? TopoPointUSA may just be the iPhone App for you! Today, Ebranta released the first GPS enabled cell phone application for displaying United States Geological Survey (USGS) high resolution topographic map images and your GPS position whether you are online or not!
USGS topographic maps contain the highest detail of any map suitable for wilderness travel within in the United States. Detailed map features can include USGS survey markers, minor pack trails, creeks, springs, wells, alpine/vegetation area boundaries, and backcountry campsites. Even abandoned structures or mining equipment are commonly found on these maps. Topographic contour resolution can be as high as 20 feet, or even 5 meters in flatter areas.
These USGS maps are available for the entire United States, including Alaska and Hawaii.
- Offline Map availability
- Scrolling map with current GPS or browse location display.
- Automatic offline or online operation.
- GPS Position with accuracy and map scale information.
- Powerful Browsing capabilities with position display.
- Fully featured Waypoint capabilities.
Purchase: Apple Store for $9.99